Classic Smokey Eye
Queen of the dark eye makeup looks, the smokey eye is an essential technique to have in your repertoire. A classic and versatile choice, it can be a tricky technique to master, but with our simple steps you’re guaranteed to achieve the perfect look every time.
How to Do Smokey Eye Makeup
Makeup artist Andrew Gallimore has got the smokey eye down to a fine art. Follow our simple steps below to achieve the perfect smokey technique for anything from daytime drinks to date night.
- Begin your smokey eye makeup by lining the eye with our MONAKO kohl pencil in Black Noir. Stroke the pencil along the lash line in zig zag motions to ensure there are no gaps, then take a small eye brush and smudge the kohl outwards. TIP: Using kohl as a base helps to define the shape, and it’s easy to blend. You can set it by using an eyeshadow on top.
- Line the bottom lashes with the kohl pencil, but only two thirds of the way. Leave the inner third unlined for a brighter eye, and smudge the pencil as you have done for the top lashes.
- Next up, our STBARTS quad eyeshadow in After Hour has the best black eyeshadow for the job. Wet the brush for a little extra intensity, then paint it all over the lid. Take a large eyeshadow brush and blend it to ensure there are no harsh edges.
- Finish the eyes with a couple of coats of FIJII, our black mascara that adds volume, length and definition to your dramatic smokey eye.
- Using our MIAMII golden bronzer in Sunset, sweep a light touch along your cheekbones to gently contour the face while keeping the focus on the eyes.
- Finally, complete the look with the LSVEGAS lipgloss in the shade Nude Silk – perfect for bringing a high-shine finish to lips while your smokey eye look remains the star of the show.