Last Updated: December 3rd , 2014
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process personal information when you choose to provide them through www.tedbaker.com (our Site). The types of information we may collect include:
• Contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number
• Username and password to access Ted Baker products and services online
• Payment information (such as payment card details, financial account information and billing address)
• Online order history
• Date of birth
• Employment related information (such as that provided in a cover letter or resume)
• Social media account information (such as your username, email address, profile picture, gender)
• In-store video surveillance images
• Other personal information you may provide to us.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to monitor and improve our Site, and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general use of our Site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests;
• To speed up your searches; and
• To recognise you when you return to our Site.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Adobe. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Site.
The information collected through these means (including IP address) is collected by these analytics providers on our behalf, who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Adobe Analytics and how to opt out, please visit http://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html.
We may utilize Google Display Advertising (such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to (1) show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits to our Site, and (2) better understand our ad impressions and use of ad services. In connection with the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting service, we may use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to understand and improve our marketing campaigns and Site content.
You can opt out of Google AdWords remarketing service and Google Analytics for Display Advertising by clicking here. Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Transfer of personal information
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To create and manage your account.
• To facilitate your purchase, return or exchange either online or at one of our retail stores.
• To facilitate your participation in contests or promotions.
• To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you by email, text message or otherwise, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site and service, when you choose to do so, including by way of our accounts on social media websites.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• Process claims we receive in connection with our products and services.
• To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
• To perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information).
• To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
• To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
• To respond to your comments or questions, or application for employment.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. We may also collect information from you about your friends and family members in the context of a refer-a-friend or similar marketing promotion. In such instances, we may send an email or other communication to your friend or family member on your behalf. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the message from you. We do not use the names or email addresses submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without the consent of you or the email recipient to do so.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may share your personal information with third parties:
• Who perform services on our behalf and who are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• With whom we conduct joint marketing.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (including in event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Ted Baker PLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We and our Canadian, US, UK or other service providers may provide your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, respond to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US, UK or other law.
Access To Personal Information
Contact Us & Your Options
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a question, comment or other request, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, write to us at: No Ordinary Designer Label Limited, 6A St Pancras Way, London , NW1 0TB, UK